Sunday, August 21, 2011

ABC's of Anarchy!

As many of you have noticed we have gone through changes here at H.I.D.S. But don't worry, we are still mainly about the skateboarding. But as of lately you might have noticed that we are supporters of anarchy. Our intentions are not to encourage you to join the movement. Our intention is to encourage you to keep an open mind and be aware that there are alternative lifestyles. Some people want to know, "Why do you support anarchism?" Very good question, and we can sit behind the computer all day and answer questions but, instead we will let this video speak for us. It's the ABC's of Anarchy. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just saw this and wanted to describe it a bit. I made this video about a year ago, using Norman's awesome song (which he graciously condoned).

    The images come from a book I created to help spread the ideas of anarchy to a broader audience. For words like Black Bloc, or Egalitarian, it's fairly self explanatory.

    However, you'll notice I included the word "hierarchy". In the book, I define hierarchy fairly broadly, and the image shows that heirarchy can be a tool for both good and bad. You can use hiearchy to help yourself understand all the different branches of anarchy, or you can use hierarchy to plan out dominance of others.

    I just wanted to clear that up in case you're like, "Hierarchy? That's not anarchist at all! WTF?" Thanks for sharing this, I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats sick. The video is great and we enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete